The Final Form of Sentris is taking shape. Here's a taste of what's in store for the final release.
I've just pushed version 0.9 of Sentris (codename: Glacier) live to Steam! This build is the last early access release. It includes the following features:
* Brand new seamless front-end
* Rewritten sequencer for high-precision musical timing
* New album "Concept Album" which introduces game concepts at a better pace
* 3 modes: Puzzle, Remix, Performance
* 10 levels
* 12 musical voices to pick from in Remix/Performance mode
* Custom loop length and time signatures in Performance mode
* Numerous performance improvements and bug fixes
Enjoy this build and look forward to the final 1.0 release this summer!
I'm very pleased to announce a new update to Sentris, code-named "Glacier". It will be the last early access update to Sentris, and it's releasing to Steam on May 26th.
This update embodies an oceanic glacier, which is mostly invisible below the surface of the water. The vast majority of improvements in "Glacier" are not necessarily visible to the naked eye. The work lies in improving and optimizing the underlying systems that drive Sentris. Notable features included in this update are:
- Simple and elegant new front-end menu system
- Seamless experience transitioning between menus and gameplay
- Three configurable game modes
- New puzzles
- New tutorials
- New instrument variations
- New background variations
All early access players will receive this update when it goes live on Steam on Tuesday May 26th. The currently live version, code-named "Honeycomb", is available now.
The latest Sentris version, "Honeycomb", is live on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. This is a major overhaul of the game with numerous changes. Check out the whole list of updates after watching this rad new trailer!
- Waveform symbols replaced with Honeycomb, which visualizes pitch in a center-to-clockwise manner
- Three distinct modes: Puzzle, Remix, and Performance
- Sound Blocks are now shaded according to instrument (previously according to pitch)
- Redesign of Sound Block selection to improve fluidity and readability
- Performance mode allows manipulation of central Honeycomb for direct tonal control
- Puzzle Targets simplified into Gem shapes (previously they were frames)
- Different types of Targets: Permanent and Temporary. Permanent Targets are connected to each other
- Richer, distinctive effects applied to instruments
- New backgrounds: Atom and Waveform, which both respond visually to the music
- Some backgrounds have custom block color schemes
- Replaced Tutorial with brief How to Play experience
Announcing the next alpha version of Sentris, codename: Honeycomb. Coming to Steam Early Access in 2015.
(image updated 02/15)